Sports Facilities :
The sports facilities in the city have not been found to be adequate
to provide overall development of the sports activities in the city and district. The sports infrastructure available in the
city is as follows:
Shri Guru Govind Singhji Stadium: In-door and out-door facilities.
• Late Shantaram
Sagane Swimming Tank. Olympic Standard.
• “Vyayam Shala” (Gym Centers) at Vazirabad, Killa, Anand Nagar.
• Nanded Club at Sneh Nagar.
Library Facilities :
The city was extensively
covered by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Library and was found to have adequate collection of books, which covered a variety of topics.
The libraries could be further equipped with latest information dissemination modes. The libraries found in the city were:
Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Library, Branch: Ganesh Nagar
• Dr. Rammanohar Lohi Library, Branch: Holi
• Dr. Rammanohar
Lohia Library, Branch : Ashok Nagar
• Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Library, Branch : Hutatma Samrak
• Dr. Rammanohar
Lohia Library, Branch : Janata Bazaar
• Dr. Rammanohar Lohia, Library, Branch : Rehmat Nagar
The State Bank of India is the lead Bank for Nanded District. There
are 20 commercial bank branches in the district having 135 branches in the district. In addition, the district also has 8
Co-operative Banks with 189 branches. In the district the average population per branch is 8164 in the urban area and 26823
in rural are
Maharashtra State Finance Corporation:
In addition to the Commercial Banks & Cooperative
Banks, MSFC also caters to the financial requirements of industries, especially the SSIs.
The city was found to be lacking in entertainment facilities .To develop
the profile of the region into a tourist destination entertainment facilities in the play a very vital role. Infrastructure
has to be created in the form of Gardens, Amusement and Entertainment centers, shopping malls and amusement parlors. An analysis
of the entertainment infrastructure has been given below:
1. Garden: Mata Gujriji Visava Udyan is the only garden in
Nanded City, which is landscaped and has small-scale amusement facilities.
2. Recreation Halls: There are five major
recreation and auditoriums in the city. They are :
• Kusum Sabha Gruha
• DeshBhakta Digambarrao Bindu Mangal
Karyalaya, Old Mondha.
• Multipurpose Auditorium, Tarodekar Market, Vazirabad.
• Multipurpose Auditorium,
Mahatma Phule Market, Near ITI.
• Sanskritik Sabhagraha, CIDCO, New Nanded.
• Sai Mangal Karyalaya, HUDCO,
3. Cinema Halls: There are seven theatres in the city out of which four are A
class, two B class and
one C class.